Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Torrey Pines Hike & Searsucker

Last weekend we made a good start on my San Diego To-Do List.

We started the weekend with a hike at Torrey Pines State Beach.

This beach and hike are seriously beautiful, with gorgeous rock formations leading into the sea.
We hiked for a couple of miles before we took a staircase carved out of rock down to the beach.
   
And watched around on the beach for a little bit.
And, randomly, on the hike back to car we ran into a friend of mine my from high school doing the same hike. Small world! 

Then that night we ate dinner at Searsucker. It's Top Chef Brian Malarkey's restaurant. The food is a "foodie" twist on American cusine.
The best thing we ate was the steak tartar with a tiny egg yolk on it. It sounds kind of gross but it was amazing!

I didn't get picture at Searsucker (I always feel weird taking pics in restaurants). But I did get a picture of us at home before we left.

Two items down. 16 to go!

7 comments:

California Wife said...

Yum! Searsucker is now one of my San Diego favorites, I can't wait to go back! Your hike looked beautiful!

Jodi said...

I love Torey Pines. It is so pretty. Glad you are taking advantage of living so close!

Dee Stephens said...

That hike is one of my favorites. My friend use to live down the street.
We plan on doing it when I'm there next week :)

Rachel said...

So fun! I love that I can say I've done both of these things :)

Shoshanah said...

I can definitely be a little awkward taking photos at restaurants, and unless I'm with a group of people that all know about the blog I don't do it. Although even when I do I still wonder what the waiters and other guests are thinking, but I figure as long as my flash doesn't bother anyone it isn't too big of a deal. And I'm sure if you start doing it, it'll get a little less awkward each time.

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

gorgeous hike and you look too cute in that dress!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You look fabulous in that red dress! The hike looks like it was in such a pretty setting!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin