Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sitting at O'Hare Airport

I'm waiting for plane to board here at O'Hare to take me back to LA. Right now the Blue Oyster Cult song "Don't Fear the Reaper" is playing, which I think is highly inappropriate to play as people are boarding planes. Agree? Anyway...

I had a great week at training! Learned some good stuff and met lots of cool people. Here is me with my table group at training:

Countries represented in this photo: United States, Belgium, France, and Malaysia. That's one thing that I love about our corporate training -- they send people to training from all of our global offices, so I really get to hear what the company and life is like around the world.

I saw my wonderful Grandma who fed me all kinds of delicious food. We got in several rounds of our favorite game, Upwords (like Scrabble, but vertical as well). So fun!

Now I'm heading back to LA for another crazy week at work. To be honest with you, I'm getting a bit burnt out from my job. But I guess working hard beats the alternative (not working at all)!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Have a safe flight

In This Wonderful Life said...

That is cool you get to meet and spend time with people from all over!!

shalay said...

That song always reminds me of the SNL skit. You know, the one where Will Ferrell is banging on the cowbell and Christopher Walken keeps yelling, "It needs more cowbell!" So hopefully it's not a bad sign.
Your job looks so cool!

Jess said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your training and were able to spend quality time with your Grandma!

Yes.... I believe that any songs relating to death should be outlawed in airports, lol.

Try not to get too burnt out. I get that guilty feeling sometimes.... there are so many people out there with no job, so why am I complaining about being too busy. But, at the same time, when you're tired, you're tired. You have to take some time for yourself.

LWLH said...

Have a safe flight!!! :)

Unknown said...

Only slightly inappropriate... Hope you had a safe return home!

Ker said...

It was sooo great to see you last week in training - you made it so much fun! Also - after reading your post about your grandmother, I totally get why you look forward to hanging out with her - she sounds amazing!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin