- The dinner party on Saturday was huge success! I have fully redeemed myself from my cooking failures. Our guests loved everything and even complemented my cooking skills! The gazpacho (cold soup) was huge hit. The Mr. did a great job on the steaks over arugula. And the mini-pots of chocolate dessert was ah-mazing. I officially love that William-Sonoma cookbook. In all the stress of cooking I didn't take any pictures, but this is what the gazpacho looked like.
- USC Trojans lost to Washington. I almost cried. That's all I want to say about that.
- On Saturday night the Mr. slammed his hand in the door out to our condo balcony. He cut his finger really bad I'm we're pretty sure he fractured the top bone of his finger. We tried to go to the emergency room at 11:30 PM on Saturday night and the wait there was over 3 hours (there was also a crazy man in the waiting room barking like dog. I heart LA). Since we figured he didn't need stitches for the cut and since doctors can't do much for a broken finger, we immediately left and just went to Rite Aid to buy a finger splint. Poor guy.
- Like millions of other Americans we are officially "underwater" on our home loan. But we confirmed can't refinance to a lower interest rate through the government bailout plans, because we haven't missed any payments. I find that very ironic.
- I got my annual bonus today! Too bad taxes ate over 1/2 of it. Don't you hate that about bonuses?
- In less than four weeks we will be BOSTON! I'm so excited for our week vacation to New England!
Ok that's enough randomness for now. How was your weekend?