Monday, April 18, 2011

Furloughed and Heading to Boston

I am on "furlough" for work this week. Basically, due to budget cuts my company is having a bunch of us take mandatory vacation. A little forced "spring break," if you will.

But I'm 100% OK with that because tonight I'm flying on a red-eye to Boston to see my bi-coastal (doesn't that term sound so friggin' snobby? Hilarious.) parents for the week!

Last time I was in Boston was Fall 2009.

You can read about that amazing trip here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 , Part 4

I plan to spend the week checking out fantastic museums (like newly renovated MFA), eating great seafood, and enjoying time with my Mom and Dad. I love Boston!

The Mr. is envious because he has to stay in LA to work. But I'll be back on Saturday so that we can still spend Easter Sunday together.

----------------------------------

Also, I've been on a bit a giveaway bonanza lately. This may be my last one for a little while, but it's a good one, so you should definitely enter. It's ANOTHER $100 Amazon.com gift card! All you have to do is read about my experience tasting all five "Levels" of Seattle's Best Coffee and then comment on that post about which level you think you'd like. Super simple!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Have fun! Boston is a city I've always wanted to visit.. I love the history of it! Have a safe flight!

Dee Stephens said...

I love Boston too!

Katie said...

I love Boston!! Have a wonderful time here on our East Coast! ( And I feel ya on the furlough - had it last year and wasn't too sad about the vacation!)

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I guess furloughs can be a good thing, if you think about it like you are! Vacation good, mandatory maybe not so much. But enjoy the trip!

Jenna @ SpitzerStories said...

Boston sounds like so much fun. Have a great time!!

LWLH said...

Have fun girl! :)

Shae said...

Hope you have a safe trip.
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun! We wanted to go to Boston this summer, but it's not going to work out...

So I'll be excited to live vicariously through you!

Café Moka said...

Have fun in Boston!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

"bicoastal" is snobby just made me laugh ;)

hope you're enjoying your trip! get home soon so we can set up a skype date!! BG wants to see you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you're having a great trip!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I hope you're having a fabulous trip!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin