On average I'm away from home 8-10 days a month for work (which is a lot less than my old schedule which was 16-18 days a month).
Often times people will ask me questions like, "how do you do it?!", "don't you miss your husband?", "does your husband mind you being gone that much?"
Yes of course we miss each other. But we're used to it and we don't mind it.
If fact, as I was sitting in my hotel suite (Thanks Starwood for the upgrade!) last night, I was thinking of all the things I like about being away on a business trip...
- Free food! And no cooking or doing dishes.
- In fact, no chores at all. I come home to spotless hotel room every night.
- Being able to catch up on my "chick" TV shows like Grey's Anatomy (PS - what was with that singing episode?).
- Sleeping in a king size bed all by myself (yes, we share a queen size bed at home).
- Being able to sleep through the night without an adorable cat jumping on me.
- Not feeling like I have to do anything besides work hard and relax (no bill paying, crafty projects, or home organizational tasks can nag me while I'm on the road).
- Coming home to a happy husband and happy cat who missed me. Absence often does make the heart grow fonder.
Just for fun, here are a couple of pictures from my business trips...
Spending my 27th birthday out to dinner with my co-workers:
My co-worker and me in a client's office "matching" in pastels:
Am I going to travel for work forever? No. I know there is an expiration date on this life. Not tomorrow, but in two years, or five years, or eight years this will all be over. And I know part of me will be very happy but part of me will miss it.
Do any of you travel for work? Have spouses that travel for work? How do you feel about business travel?
Also reminder about the great giveaway going on on my reviews and giveaways blog. All you have to do is read about the new Seattle's Best Coffee Levels and then leave me a comment about which one you think you are and you could win $100 gift card for Amazon.com. Go enter now here!