You all know that the Newlyweds Next Door love wine.
So I was really excited when the super nice people at FlipFlop Wines contacted me to sample two of their wines.
I had a chance to try the Pinot Grigio and the Riesling and I really enjoyed both of them.
What's great about FlipFlop wines:
1. Their wines are a fantastic value. They cost just $7.00 a bottle. For the price, this wine is terrific! It's perfect for a glass after work or bottle with friends on the weekend. There is definitely some crappy, cheap wine out there, but FlipFlop Wine packs some serious bang for your buck.
2. The wine is"idiot proof". The back of each bottle tells what it tastes like (for example the Pinot Grigio says it tastes like tropical citrus and ripe pear), if it's more sweet or dry, and what food it pairs well with. So if you're new to drinking wine this will help you to figure out what flavor/body you like and how to pair wine with food (as I learned it Italy, "you have-a the food, you have-a the wine!")
3. The wine supports a good cause. FlipFlop Wines partners with Soles4Souls, the international shoe charity dedicated to providing free footwear to those in need.They will give one pair of flip-flop sandals to Soles4Souls for each bottle of FlipFlop wine purchased. How cool is that?
My thoughts on the Riesling:
- The FlipFlop Riesling is a great "sweet wine." For me it could almost be a dessert wine.
- It's well balanced with a very smooth finish (not acidic at all)
- It's great for drinking in evening by itself or with a spicy Asian meal.
- A good wine for the price.
My thoughts on the Pinot Grigio:
- The FlipFlop Pinot Grigio is light-bodied and refreshing.
- It's a perfect "Summer Afternoon" wine.
- It tasted great with gourmet pizza from Trader Joe's.
- A fantastic wine for the price. I need to pick up more of this, stat!
Want to read more about FlipFlop Wine? Check out and "like" their Facebook page.
*Note: I was not paid or compensated by FlipFlop Wine for my review. They provided the wine to sample for free in exchange for a honest review.
And, because I love you guys, I have another NEW giveaway happening for a beautiful "North Shore" dress from Shabby Apple. Go to my Giveaways Blog to enter now!
Mondays with Manny
6 days ago