Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Stream of Consciousness x10

1. On Saturday the Bear Triplets went to be with Jesus. I'm so heartbroken for Carey and Jeremy. Please pray for peace and comfort for them. They both wrote beautiful and heartbreaking stories about their three boys (Rudyard, Desmond, and Oscar) on their blogs: Carey's Blog and Jeremy's Blog (warning, do not read these at work like I did).

2. I'm finally getting a DSLR camera! A Canon Rebel. It's my birthday present from my Mom! Thanks Mom! Now I'll need to learn to use it. I am EXCITED!


3. I didn't win Kelly's Korner's $600 gift card. But Kelly did like my 6 ingredient recipe! Woo hoo!

4. I finally finished our Europe Trip 2010 photo album on Blurb. That only took me a year, ha!

I still need to edit the book. But if you want to preview it here, you can!

5. I really want to go to Napa this summer, but the Mr. says it's not in the budget because apparently if we go to Napa we're gonna have to buy several cases of wine. Le sigh.

6. Speaking of budgets, our Pastor wants to talk to use about leading a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Course at Church. (I wonder what Dave would say about a Napa Trip? Le sigh again.) Exciting but kind of intimidating too.


7. We started watching Season 4 of Mad men on Netflix. Good stuff so far!

8. I think I'm gonna have the Mr. take me to Glen Ivy Day Spa for my birthday present. I think that's what I want.


9. I have several weddings coming up this Summer and my company semi-formal party this weekend. I going to hit up Nordstrom Rack and try to find some fun dresses. I'll let you know what I find.

10. I love summer because that means it's gazpacho season! I need to post my gazpacho recipe.

23 comments:

Rachel said...

So so sad or your friends. I will be praying for them...I can't even imagine :(

and on another, I'm still working on my blurb book too from our Europe trip. You're not alone!

sherri lynn said...

I just got a Canon Rebel yesterday! I'm learning to use it which will take a while but will be fun. I've heard great things about Dave Ramsey's methods. And please do post that gazpacho recipe!

Dee Stephens said...

That is so sad for your friends! Devastating!
I want to go back to Napa too! We were there this time last year :)

Sonya said...

So sad for your friends. I didn't read it at work, but I did read them over lunch. So I cried over lunch. Beautiful tributes to their 3 boys.

Anonymous said...

The triplet's story had me bawling my eyes out. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your friends and their babies. Definitely praying for them!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I'm sorry to hear about those babies. I guess God has a plan but it's still very hard to deal with that, no matter who you are.

Btw, I do want that soup recipes. I need some cool things to eat this hot summer!

Erin said...

When you go to Glen Ivy do you do the Valencia or Corona location? I only ask because I am not into the mud and love the Brea Mall location because it's MUCH closer to me without sitting on the 15 or 91 traffic. Plus you have no idea you are at the mall, it's quite secluded-however, I only go to enjoy the massages and other non-mud amentities. Another downside is that the Jacuzzi's for men and women are separate, so if you went with your husband it would be apart. Love Glen Ivy though!!! SO SO GOOD!

Mrs. Lukie said...

Wow. The Bear Triplets story just has me asking, "WHY?" So, so sad.

Have fun at Glen Ivy! I need to schedule a trip before it gets too hot out here in the desert & my big ol' belly can't handle it.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am so sorry about your friends little ones :(

Candice said...

So so so heartbreaking and sad. They have been and will be in my prayers. I can't even imagine the pain so love and prayers are all I can offer. I am sending you and your husband the same too.

Nancy said...

Lovin' your blog! That recipe sounds delish!!

Nancy said...

PS...praying for that precious family.

Classy Fab Sarah said...

Yay for Canon Rebels!! I've just started trying to use mine better and it's going.... slowly.

Praying for the triplets and their family.

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...

So sorry for the terribly tragedy your friends have had, and for yours.

LWLH said...

I am heartbroken to hear about Jeremy and Carey and the boys. I've been reading his blog on and off since you first introduced him and I was praying hard that they would make it.

I will continue to pray for their family and keep them in my thoughts.

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

I was so sad to read the news on the triplets, my thoughts and prayers are with the family... We have been asked to lead a financial study in the fall, and we are really looking forward to that!

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

Your poor friends. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

On a happier note, you should get the Canon for Dummies book...I got it for mine and it's a great resource!

And I love that you have to calculate in the cost of the wine to your trip...hubs and I do that too!

The Mrs. said...

I love looking at your Europe picts! My hubby and I went on a 2 week tour during our honeymoon. Ahhh..so refreshing! Love the blog!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I just found your blog and I love it! I am so happy for you- I have a canon rebel and I LOVE it! You will be taking pictures all over the place :) I am still learning how to use it, so if you learn any tips, let me know! I will go read the blog about the triplets - but I don't know how much sadness I can take. Thinking of them!

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Two things, I love gazpacho and the Glen Ivy in Corona is AMAZING! That mud is serious awesomeness. Went with a friend about 1.5 years ago. You will ruin your bathing suit, fyi. I brought two. One for mud and one for the rest of the day. Haha. My friend didn't ruin hers, though. What the heck!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

This is the second time this week I've heard of that spa! I miss visit it and get something great!

I'm totally in awe of your david r. knowledge and saving!

leah @maritalbless said...

Against my better judgement, I will be reading their blogs. So sorry for their losses.

Yay for a camera! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

I really need to make a book for Isaac. Now.

RE: leading FPU - DO IT!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin