Wednesday, December 07, 2011

This post will make you want to move to Southern California

Last weekend we went down the St. Regis in Dana Point (South Orange County) for another "staycation". We had two free nights that I earned from a Starwood promotion that were expiring in mid-December.

Here is the view from the resort!


And this was the view from our room.


We spent some time in the pool and spa...


And took some long walks on the empty beaches...



The weather was great. Clear and warm during the day and clear and chilly at night. We watched sunset from our room.


We also really enjoyed seeing how decked-out the St. Regis gets for Christmas...


We loved the "California Snowmen"


There was also an amazing sand sculpture in the lobby.


The lights all around the property were stunning.


I thought this inverted Christmas tree was pretty cool!


And this tree was HUGE.


Overall we had a great time at this beautiful resort. The one negative about the resort is that it's really isolated. There is literally NOTHING to do around it. So if you ever go, be sure to pack some good books to read!

Have you seen any fun Christmas decorations this year?

20 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow!! Looks like a great time, the pics are awesome!!!

Carly Anne said...

When my husband and I were first dating, I met him at a gorgeous hotel in Dana Point for a weekend - He was on assignment out there. The area has a special place in my heart. :)

Jessica Hudson said...

That's one of my favorite places! I do events there often and go back lots to just hang out and stay with my hubby. It's our favorite staycation spot!

Dee Stephens said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love that huge tree!
We went to the Bahamas for Christmas last year and the decorations were amazing at the Atlantis!!!

Carrie said...

Ahh, it looks so pretty! I love all the Christmas decorations, and that inverted tree is pretty cool. Sounds like a relaxing trip!

Katie said...

I'd say your title is spot on with me now wanting to move out to southern CA!

Still in the 70's here but the weather man is promising that number dropping soon. Take this as my wish for you to send some of that gorgeous sunshine back tot he East Coast when you get a chance ;)

Maria said...

I gotta buy a plane ticket and pack my bags! Now if only I could live at the St. Regis... It looks like paradise! Glad you had a great time!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Oh yes i'd love to hop on a plane right now for that gorgeous sunset! Such fun decorations too!

Kate said...

Aw, that's right where I'm from! I have the BEST hairdresser in Dana Point!! We took our engagement photos at the St. Regis :) Glad you enjoyed it... how could you not?!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

ha..and we are planning to move back east :) i will definitely miss the west coast life!

Faith said...

your pictures came out incredible! what a gorgeous place to visit!

Mrs. Potts said...

How wonderful! Don't you love free nights based on how much you've traveled? Seriously, one of the few perks to traveling a ton!

DietCokeStraightUp said...

This is true....makes me miss living in Southern Cali!!! Such a beautiful place. Looks like you two had a great time!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Looks lovely..always love your travels!

Rachel said...

Yep....I'm feeling jealous!

Hope you have had a great week and you get to spend the weekend at home with your husband!!!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

What a fun staycation! That looks like a great place to lounge around for a weekend.

Shoshanah said...

I remember going to the St. Regis for my grandparents 50th anniversary back in high school. I just remember it being such a gorgeous place and would love to be able to go back and stay someday!

LWLH said...

PLEASE TAKE ME!!
I WANT TO COME!! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Anytime you are not going to use those free nights there, you can totally pawn them off on to me!! I love their decorations and the views look AMAZING!

Joe said...

It's really looking good place but smiles make it more than it. Keep smiling.

Romantic Bed and Breakfasts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin