Monday, July 27, 2009

Please Let Me Wear it ONE More Time!

It was very fitting that I posted about my wedding dress on Friday because on Sunday we went down to Temecula, CA to do my "Trash the Dress"!

I love how life just has a way of working out sometimes...

We had planned on having our photographer come up to Long Beach for the "Trash the Dress" shoot a while ago but she got sick. Then she couldn't make it up to Long Beach for a shoot this weekend but suggested that we come down to Temecula to shoot in the countryside and at the vineyards, which I thought sounded fabulous! AND it turned out my parents were in town this weekend (they live in Boston for some of the year and San Diego for other parts) and they were able to come up to Temecula to join us for a day of wine tasting and the sunset photo shoot!

It was such a fun and perfect day!

We started the day off with brunch and wine tasting at Wilson Creek.


Next we tasted wine at Callaway, Wiens, and Stuart Winery. The Mr. and I picked up a little over a half-case of wine including some great almond champagne, crisp viognier, coastal chardonnay, and cabernet sauvignon. Yum!



Then my Mom then helped me put on my wedding dress one final time. So sentimental. I will say it was bit snugger than it was 11 months ago, but I still got in it!

I did not have the heart to totally "trash" my dress. Instead we just got it dirty in some really amazing rustic and vineyard settings. The lighting in the vineyards at sunset was just amazing!

Our photographer, Kim Irons, is such an artist. I can't wait to see the pictures! I think they are going to be just fantastic! I promise to post them as soon as I get them!

29 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

i CANT WAIT to see the pics! I bet they will be amazing!

LWLH said...

Can't wait to see them, I'm sure you looked fantastic! : )

Nicole said...

cant wait to see the photos! i definitely want to do it - husband's not quite sure about it.

Belle said...

How fun! I can't wait to see how the photos come out!

Sweet Simplicity said...

It sounds like a beautiful place! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Nicole said...

i too can admit to the fact that the dress *might* be a little tight after all this time! i'll consider it!

ingrid said...

I can't wait to see your dress in action again!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see those pictures!

Kassie said...

How fun!! Can't wait to see those photos. :)

Shannon Dew said...

I can't wait to see!!!

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Cant wait!
I love your vineyard pics. I miss living in Cali sometimes.

Brittany Ann said...

So excited to see the photos!

francophilehic said...

i love the idea of doing a trash the dress photo shoot...i always wished i had wedding photos of d & I at the beach at sunset...i might mention it to him to do something like that too! thanks for the idea

Lucy Marie said...

I can't wait to see the photos. Trash the dress wasn't popular when I got married three years ago but I so wish it was. I would totally do it. I think now, three years later and quite a few pounds heavier, it might not have the same effect.

Meagan said...

how fun! I love wine tasting! And I cannot wait to see the ttd pics! I always wanted to do that!

Annie said...

fun! can't wait to see the pics :)

Chic Runner said...

Gosh, I can't WAIT to see them :) I can only imagine what a great setting that was! :) YAY!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I bet they're going to be great! I can't wait to see them!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

How fun. Can't wait to see photos!

Lo said...

mmm... I love Wilson Creek :)

Milltini said...

so fun! can't wait to see the end result.

In This Wonderful Life said...

how exciting!!! Can't wait to see them! :)

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

we were just there saturday!!!! love going there!

Emily said...

Oh, I cannot wait to see the pictures...I just love trash the dress pictures. I bet they are amazing!!

Shoshanah said...

I think since your actual wedding was at the beach, it'll be nice to have different pictures in a different setting. Can't wait to see how the pictures turned out!

sarah said...

I'm getting married soon and I keep going back and forth about whether or not I want to do this! I love the way the pictures look, but I think I would be more like you and just get the dress dirty, not really TRASH it. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Cristina said...

I am happy you didn't really trash your dress, now you can get it cleaned and keep it forever :)

Lucky in Love said...

I can't wait to see the pics!!

Courtney said...

What a fun idea! You have to post them when you get them back!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin