Thursday, July 02, 2009

Our Home: Master Bedroom and Bathroom


Welcome to our Master Bedroom! This is what you see when you enter it...


I love our bright blue walls. I know it might be too much for some people, but this color makes me so happy!

Here is our bed. I just love our dark furniture. I posted before about my bedroom inspiration.

I've decided that Judah is a little "photo-whore" because every time I take "house tour" photos he's in them. Good think he's so darn cute!

Here's another shot of our bed, so you can see our wall sconces from Crate & Barrel. Since we both like to read before bed, it's so nice to have our own lights and mounting the lights really helps to unclutter the nightstands.


I love love our bedding. It's the Plaza Bedding from Z Gallerie and it is sooo soft.

I put this mirror above our bed, which is cool because then you can see the reflection of our water view in it.


This is the view when you lie in bed. It's a bit hazy outside today.


This is my dresser. It features our engagement pictures, which were taken about a mile away from our condo on the beach in Long Beach.


Here they are close up. Don't they match the room so well!?


These cute shelves and photo ledges are from Crate & Barrel (wedding present). You can see a wedding picture and starfish from our wedding on them.


The Mr.'s dresser.


Our closets. One of my biggest disappointments when we were buying the condo is that it did not have walk-in closets. But our his/hers closets are actually pretty huge and there is this giant nook behind the wall between them that you can access from both closets that provides a lot of storage space.


The inside of my closet. Color coded of course. :-D


Attached to the bedroom is our master bath. Pretty standard. I love having two sinks in there.


I think the Master Bedroom is my favorite room of our condo, so I hope you enjoyed the tour! Check back tomorrow for "yard" pictures.

One final note:
- All of furniture is from Plummers (a So Cal furniture store) -- it's the "Polo" collection
- The paint on the wall in the bedroom is Behr: Brilliant Sea. Bathroom is Behr: Water Flow
- Bedding is from Z Gallerie
- Most of the frames, shelves, etc. are from Crate & Barrel (my heaven on earth)


You can see more fabulous bedrooms at Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Friday: Master Bedrooms" and on the Bungalow's "Parade of Bedrooms"

34 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Gorgeous. I love the bright blue, it is a very peaceful and uplifting shade.

Brittany Ann said...

It's beautiful! I love it! And what a view!

Meant to be a mom said...

How pretty, I love the color.

Thanks for the advice on my blog. I'm not liking this at all. I appreciate the help. I'll have to go get some cranberry juice tonight. I've been loading up on water and yogurt.

Unknown said...

Love it all from the paint to the furniture, to the gorgeous view!

Chic Runner said...

I love your apt. and I will be a reference to everyone that it's even cuter in person! :) xoxo

Jessica Bene said...

I like how your bedroom is so simple and contemporary and I love how the pics match everything! I love your bedding too!

LWLH said...

Beautiful...love that color blue

Anonymous said...

LOVE the colors in your room, those are my two faves together, blue and chocolate brown! And what a gorgeous view you have from your room! Hope you have a great 4th too!

Jill said...

I have a blue bedroom for one of my guest rooms and I just love it! It reminds me of the rooms in our condo in FL. Love it!

We also have all white bedding on our bed, but it's time for new...might have to check out Z Gallerie.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Pollyanna said...

Hey, those pictures look familier. . .

Very nice - clean & simple. My master bedroom walls are blue with brown & orange accents throughout the room (great minds think alike).

KM Studios said...

Hi Newlywed,
Thanks for stopping by and checkin out my master bedroom.
Yours is great too.
I love that you get a bathroom off of it. Lucky , lucky!

ingrid said...

beautiful bedroom! love the contrast between the walls and the dark furniture.

Sarah said...

Love the paint color as I have said before! I especially love all of the windows

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love your bright blue walls!

Anonymous said...

wow! I would have never picked that blue, but it is gorgeous!

Shoshanah said...

I really like the blue walls! I think the dark furniture really helps to balance it out.

Lucky in Love said...

Beautiful!

2 sinks...a must!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Huge fan of your paint color. I think with the view and the dark furniture it all looks amazing!!!

You've got a good eye for decorating! Your house looks great!

Lis said...

Love your master!! That blue is soooo fun!!! I love your bedding! We used to have a z gallerie near my house and it closed a few years ago :( so sad!!!

alyssa said...

beautiful! i want to live on a beach!!!!

Rachel said...

You have a GORGEOUS bedroom. The blue is so pretty. You must love coming home to that bedroom :)

Nicole said...

I just love the blue bedroom. We are currently residing in an apartment and can do no painting. :( I do my best to make it look nice in other ways though. Great blog and I'm following you.
-Nicole

You can find me here: http://www.thechroniclesofnicole.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

The colors in your bedroom are so vibrant and striking! The blue is so beautiful with your dark furniture. And what a view!

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Stopping in from the parade!
I LOVE color, too, and am not ashamed to use it-
All I could think of when I looked through your room is that there is a lot of love in your home, and it shows.
Judah loves your room, too!
Blessings as you two newlyweds make your home!

Debra from Bungalow said...

I like the blue paired with the white and black fabrics and dark furniture. It's bright and fresh.


Could you please add a link back to the Parade of a Bedrooms? I would sure appreciate it.

You and your Mr look like a happy and beautiful couple!

Debbiedoos said...

First, congratulations!~ I love the bedding from Z-gallerie that is one of my favorite stores!~ You and your hubby are too cute!

Unknown said...

Your engagement photos totally co-ordinate with your room, that's awesome!

Heather said...

I love the blue, it's stunning!!

Jan said...

Love it! So beautiful!
Jan
http://mullismemories.blogspot.com

~SHO~ said...

Wow, what a view you have!

Blessings~
queenofsassysavings.blogspot.com

Summer said...

Ooooh what a fab blue color! I love how well it goes with black and white! You are giving me such good ideas here! I love the black shelving and the sea shells on them, really gives it a beachy clean feel
love it
xoxo
Summer

Megan said...

I love the color of your walls. Your master room is so fresh and clean. It's very pretty.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

normally not a blue person, but LOVE THIS
Great blog....Happy Saturday!
I have a Christmas ornament giveaway on my holiday bog that ends Sunday night....
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Debra said...

I am a blue wall person, too. Ours is similar to yours but I was only brave enough to do one wall that dark. Your water few is sooooo wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin