Friday, July 03, 2009

Our Home: Yard, Garage, and Outside

This week of "Show Us Where you Live Friday" is Garages and Yards. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that we don't own a home, we own a Condo in a high-rise building. So I'm going to show you the outside of our Condo tower as well as "our" yard and garage.

This is the outside of our Condo Building. We live in the taller of the two towers about 1/2 of the way up.


This is the street level entrance to our building.


Our "front yard" is actually a Long Beach park that was established in 1899!


In fact on the side of our building you can see some pictures of what the land our Condo is on looked like in 1930.

From 1900 to 1933 our land was home to the Virgina Hotel. The hotel was demolished in 1933 and the land sat vacant and as a parking lot until it became our condos in 2006. The Long Beach coast has changed a lot since 1933!


OK, let's check out the "back" yard!

Here is where the Mr. and I grill out all the time.


The Mr. loves these grills and I love that I don't have to clean them! That's what HOA dues are for! Ha!


One of our favorite things to do is to grill out and then dine by the pool.


Speaking of... here is the pool and spa.


I love the spa! I'd say I use it 2-4 times a week depending on the week!


Next to the pool there is also a fireplace and lounge seating.


And to prove what a bad photographer I am, here's a professional photo from our developer of our condo tower and the pool/spa. Ha!


And last but not least, here is our garage. That's my red car.


We actually own these parking spots. They are literally in our condo "deed." Crazy, huh?

Living in a condo definitely has it's advantages and disadvantages -- but the amenities are a definite advantage. And all and all, I love where we live. Our home is the perfect home for us for the stage of life we are in.

Thanks for taking the condo tour!

If you missed any of the previous posts from inside of our condo you can find them here:
Kitchen
Living Room & Dining Room

Office
Master Bedroom and Bathroom



32 comments:

Lis said...

Um... Can I come visit?! Lol!! I love your building and the pool-spa area!! It looks like an amazing place to live!!! ;)

Shannon said...

Its so cute, much different from the condo the hubs and I started in! I love how your HOA has the grills set up for everyone to use that is such an awesome idea!

Katie said...

What a grea BBQ and pool area! The Condo is just beautiful! Def. a great alternative to buying a house :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

your pool/spa area looks like heaven. can i please come?!?

Unknown said...

The pictures just get better and better!

chesley said...

looks like you're more on top of it this week :-)! looks like a great place to live, but so far from my world..i can't even imagine!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

I think that you living in a high rise is the coolest thing ever!!! Just sayin'!

Katie said...

What a great grill ya'll get to use! I'd love all those amenities, especially the pool/spa.

Inter-Sorority Pride!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

oh....i wanted to tell you...i all i wanted for my birthday was SPRINKLES!! I Still can't believe how expenses they are...but how AMAZING they are too..we got my pup one as well :)

kace said...

Its gorgeous! Makes me wish I lived somewhere fun:)

Jennie said...

To say I am a jealous is an understatement! How awesome. Hubby and I would love to live in a high rise somewhere! And I love the grill and pool!!! Very nice!

Caroline said...

Your condo is very nice!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Those grills look amazing! And I love that fireplace area.

The Busy Blaine's said...

Thanks for stoppin gby our blog! Your Condo is wonderful!!! What a fantastic area to live in. Happy 4th!!

Erika said...

FUN! I don't think I realized you live sooo close to my brother & sister.
My sister lives in Los Alamitos and my brother lives about 1 block away from the beach...in Seal Beach. Sweet!!! Small world!

LWLH said...

I want to come to one of your BBQ's! :)

Mrs.Dimple said...

Looks great as usual! Makes my Kansas home look boring! Ha! ;-)

Shoshanah said...

My favorite thing about old 1930s Long Beach is the pike roller coaster. Can you imagine how fun it would be if they still had the pike? I'm all for rebuilding it eventually!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Nice! Very very nice!

Sarah said...

O my goodness I'm so jealous. We live in a condo too but not like that. we do own parking spaces but thats about the only thing thats the same.. no pool, or spa, we cannot even have grills here.

Jenna said...

Looks like a great place to live! I'm originally from Northern Cal!

ashley said...

wow, what an adorable place to live!

Megan said...

Looks like a great place to live!

The Taffs said...

Looks like you newlyweds are living the life!

GingerSnap said...

Wow, what a gorgeous condo! My Hubby and I also live in a Condo (in FLA) and we always refer to the common areas as "our yard" etc :)

Brown Girl said...

That's awesome, I SO wish I lived in a condo!

Lucky in Love said...

What a fun place to live! Gorgeous views :)

Rachel said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the book tips! And I love your condo! Love your blog! :)

Mrs. Potts said...

Your outdoor living area is beautiful! I especially love the outdoor fireplace & the chairs grouped around it. I want a pool!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a great outdoor space! I would use that grill all the time since you don't have to clean it!

Unknown said...

oh I'm feeling a little jealous of all this nice stuff! :-) looks fun!

THE Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous place you have! I've always thought condo life was the greatest, but we have two kids and no condos like that in South Texas... LOL.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin