Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Mom is Moving Back!


Six years ago my Mom took a job in Boston. 


 It was supposed to be for a year. But she fell in love with the job and the city so she stayed for five more years. 
 
So for six years my Dad and her have been doing the "bi-costal thing", flying cross-country a lot and living in two homes. 

And I've sure enjoyed visiting them in Boston several times. 
 
Momma's office in 2009.

But I must say that I'm more than a little bit happy that she's leaving her job in Boston....

And she's going going, back back, to Cali Cali!

Next month The Mr. and I are going out to visit her one last time before she leaves Boston. And then, at the end of July, for the first time in 11 years, she and I will BOTH be San Diego residents. How's that for crazy timing?

13 comments:

Kenya said...

Yay!!! HOw exciting

Dee Stephens said...

That is super awesome!

Jodi said...

That is very exciting news! I can't believe your parents have been doing the bi-coastal thing for so long. If you have time while here I would love to meet up for a drink!

Katie said...

That is such perfect timing! Yay for you two!

I can't believe your parents have done the long distance thing for so long! My husband and I have only done the across the state thing and it's exhausting!

Sonya said...

Yay! That's so exciting!

Emily said...

Hooray!! My parents had a similar set-up for a while; my dad went back and forth from SD to Las Vegas... shorter flight, but still was stressful for them. Happy for you & your mommy!

Shoshanah said...

I can't even imagine how your parents have been able to function with this arrangement for the past years. But I guess if you want something enough you make it work. And what great timing that you and your mom and moving back to San Diego at basically the same time.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Yay! That's so great!!

I haven't lived in the same city as my mama since I graduated from high school and it makes me ache that others get to live in the same city as their parents. I'm hoping we can remedy that soon!

In This Wonderful Life said...

that's awesome! you will love having her close!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

oh, Im soo happy for you guys! I know whats its like to be living across the country from your Mom! Its nice now to be so close...I don't take any day for granted!!!

LWLH said...

Yay for your mama coming back home! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's so great!! I bet your dad is so excited too!

leah @maritalbless said...

Wow, that is quite the long time! I'm so glad she's coming back!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin