Thursday, June 21, 2012

This & That: Olympic Trials, Cooking, Hair and More...

It's been a while since I've had a good ole fashioned "random" post so here goes... 


1. Tomorrow, my brother-in-law is running in the OLYMPIC TRIALS! He's running the 800m in Track. He's a long shot to make it to the Olympics, but I'll cheering him on from home like crazy (the trials are in Eugene, OR and televised NBC Sports Network). We're so excited for him and proud of him!

2. On Saturday I have my company's annual party at The Edison in Downtown LA. I'm so excited to go to this venue. I hear it's amazing! The theme is 1920s and I'm not dressing up. I don't love that theme and I just did that in November.  The party should still be blast though.

3. I couple of weeks ago I put this little gift in the front seat of The Mr.'s car on a Sunday night so he'd find it on Monday morning when he got in the car to drive to work. I got the idea to do something unexpected and nice for my husband on The Dating Divas website. They have such cute ideas! He loved it.

4. The Mr. texted me this picture of our cat, Judah, the other day. I died. So cute!

5. I recently bought these Ria Summer Drink glasses from Crate and Barrel. I love how they match our house perfectly. And they are such sturdy glasses (I hate how breakable a lot of margarita glasses are).


6. I decided that I need to "pin" less and cook more from my recipe folder on Pinterest. So I made Grilled Corn Orzo Salad with Chili-Lime Vinaigrette from Iowa Girl Eats. It was AMAZING! I'll be making this again. Such a wonderful summer salad and it tastes great with Mexican beer.

7. The Mr. made Tequila Lime Chicken on his new Char-Broil Infrared Grill to go with the orzo salad. It was really good!

8. I mentioned that I cleaned out a bunch of old pictures from my parents house of me in high school and college. From the high school ones, I picked a few favorites and made this frame. It's now on my desk at home. I love seeing how little we were! I'm so lucky to still be friends with most of these girls.

9. Looking though old pictures made me want to grow my hair out. Here's a pic of me a couple of years ago with longer hair. I want it to be that length or longer again. Any tips for growing my hair out?

10. Speaking of growing my hair out, I think I need to wash and dry my hair less, which makes me think I should invest in some dry shampoo. What's your favorite dry shampoo? 

13 comments:

Victoria said...

I use Oscar Blandi's aerosol dry shampoo (I don't like the powder, but since your hair is lighter it would probably work for you).

I LOVE those C&B glasses!

Dee Stephens said...

As far as the hair - start taking prenatal vitamins if you aren't already.

Stephie @ Our Marriage Adventure said...

How exciting for your BIL!!! Hope he does well.

Also the DD site is the bomb. I get great ideas all the time - now if only I could figure out how to get Hubby to use it!

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

wow how cool for your brother in law! i'll be crossing my fingers for him too...what an amazing opportunity!

andd...
we own that same grill and love it!
anndd...
per my stylist there are vitamins that you can buy that make your hair grow faster :)

A year of Change said...

My favorite dry shampoo is one I make myself. I mix equal parts baby powder (I like the lavender one) with baking soda and I put it in a little container. Then I use an old blush brush to put it on.

Congrats to your Bro-in-Law, that's very impressive! I wish him the best of luck!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting and cool for your brother! I hope he makes it! When I was growing my hair out the best thing you can do is either take a vitamin E daily or prenatal vitamins! It makes it grow super fast and in a healthy way.

LWLH said...

That is awesome for your BIL, congrats to him!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I use Tresseme dry shampoo and it' s not bad. With my shorter hair I think I will be doing it more and more.

Nicola said...

How great for your BIL, hope he does well. I love those glasses!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

AVEDA is my fav..or Pureology..
I always wanted to check out the edison..just never did :( i hear its a great venue!

Kristin said...

Take Biotin!

Pamela said...

sea kelp and or a high protien diet for hair growth!

Amanda said...

Pssst dry shampoo is the best! My hairdresser recommended it. It's cheap and available at local drugstores!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin