Friday, February 20, 2009

Bangs, Bridesmaid Dresses, Country Music, & Peace Corps

What do these things have in common? They’re all the random things my mind this morning!

1. Bangs
For the first time since I was 8 years old, I have bangs. My friend Carey does my hair and did such a great job! I love them! So fun and sassy! What do you think?




2. Bridesmaid Dresses
C, one of my best friends from my Sorority, Gamma Phi Beta, is getting married in June! I’m so excited to be one her bridesmaids. I’m trying to be lowest maintenance Bridesmaid ever, since I know how hard it is to be the bride and the last thing you need is bridesmaid d-r-a-m-a. But I was really happy when she picked this adorable dress from Aria to be the Bridesmaid dress:



I love the sweetheart neck! And the dress is going to be a coral/pink color which I think will look good on me. Like with most bridesmaid dresses I didn’t get to try it (don’t you hate that about Bridesmaid dresses?), so I guess I have to hope for the best when it comes! Has anyone ever had an Aria Bridesmaid dress?


3. Country Music
This week was another crazzzzy week at work. Lots of stress and long hours and I may or may not have had a total meltdown on Wednesday. So definitely TGIF!!! One of the girls who works for me, B, and I were stuck in a conference room working on presentations and listening to my Rascal Flatts Pandora play list for several hours this week. We were talking about how we like Country Music when we’re stressed because it paints such an idyllic picture of life in a Small Town away from the corporate chaos we’re a part of in CA. Does anyone else feel this way?




4. Peace Corps
Next week, my best friend, L, and her Husband are moving to Ecuador for the Peace Corps. She’s going to be gone for over two years! I’m going to miss her sooo much! We met in Kindergarten and even though we’ve lived in different cities for a while now, not being able to see her for two years makes me so sad. I told her that she needs to blog about her adventures and then I can introduce you all to her.

Here’s a pic of us at my wedding (she was my MoH):


Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a great weekend!

24 comments:

The France Family said...

I love the bangs!! They look great!

Sassy Engineer said...

I LOVE the bangs. I have been wanting some, but they just don't work as well with my curly hair. Also, super cute bridesmaid dress!

Katie & Ryan said...

Ohhh my bridesmaids had those dresses. I absolutely loved them. I tried my sister's on, and it was super comfy (it was a July wedding). It looked gorgeous on everyone. I think you'll love it!

P.S. check out my giveaway :0)

LWLH said...

Love the bangs and that bridesmaid dress :) Both are super cute!!

Rachel said...

I love the bangs...so cute!

And the bridesmaid dresses are cute;you might be able to wear it again too!

Sarah said...

The bangs are adorable! I've always loved bangs and always seem to have some version of them. My hair could use an update though, so your new look is motivation! And that dress is very cute. I've never had to be a bridesmaid yet but when I was in HS I was in my friends Quince and the dress was horrible! I love her to death but I hope she picks out something better when she gets married!

Jess said...

My thoughts on your random thoughts, lol....

1) LOVE the bangs. You look so cute! I have to have bangs.... my forehead is too big without them, lol.

2) Cute dress! It's soooo nice when the bride picks out something you actually like.

3) I totally agree about Country music. I just love it, period.

4) God bless your friends! I'll keep them in my prayers!

Chic Runner said...

Love the bangs! :) Sorry about not getting back to you. So much going on.... Anyways, hope we get to meet up soon!

Jane said...

The bridesmaid dress is very cute! I think it will look even nicer in pink!

Lucky in Love said...

1. Bangs=gorgeous on you!

2. Aria dresses...had them for my wedding...gorgeous again! Everyone really liked them...or at least they lied really well :)

3. Love Country...totally my fave. It relaxes me.

4. So sorry to hear your bff is leaving! I'm sure it will be difficult but if you guys have lasted since kindergarten...I think you'll be just fine! I'm sure you'll find ways to stay in touch.

Lindsey said...

Your bangs are adorable, you look so cute!!

With Love from New Orleans said...

LOVE the bangs.. those dresses are similar to mine!! XO

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

very cute bridesmaids dresses! and your bangs look fabulous!

I left you something on my blog :)

Emily said...

I love the bangs and I was/am a gamma phi beta as well.. beta psi chapter.. oklahoma state university:) Did you get the alumni newsletter the crescent??
So fun:)

Kelli said...

Your bangs are cute and so is that dress!! :)

Mrs. Southern said...

Your bangs look great! I love that dress, that is one of my favorite colors!

JennyLee said...

LOVE the bangs!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I love the bangs too! Adorable dress, and I'm a huge fan of country music...

Mrs. Ruby said...

Love.The.Bangs. So super cute!!!
Yes, I am a recruiting coordinator for my company...so I am in airports quite frequently as well.
Also, I noticed you're in Long Beach - that's where my bro-in-law lives. I LOVE it and am probably due for a visit. :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Love the new bangs!! You look so cute!
Sweetheart necklines are my fave. Its always nice to get a pretty bridesmaid dress.

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

Love the bangs, super sassy!!

And how exciting for your best friend to get to have that experience!! I will defintely keep her in my prayers :)

011 said...

Hi, i'm new! i think i have the same wedding gown as you! the tops look the same anyway. loves it!

Anonymous said...

I l-o-l-o-l-o-L-O-V-E your Bangs! They look GREAT!

Kenisha said...

Lovely pictures... I like the shiny green bridesmaid dress!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin