Saturday, February 07, 2009

You Rock My World!

I just saw that I now have 100 followers! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for reading my blog! I'm so happy that I've met so many awesome bloggy friends in these past couple of months. I talk to my husband about you all like I "know" you in "real life." But seriously, you guys rock!



I’m so honored that Sweet, Sassy, and Always Classy gave me the “Honest Scrap Award”. As part of this award I have to list at 10 honest things about myself. I tried to pick new fun facts that I didn't list here, here or here. So here goes...

  1. I like to cook, but rarely do. Since I travel for work a lot I hardly have a chance to buy fresh food and make meals before I leave town again. Our fridge pretty much only has condiments and beer in it. Sad.
  2. After a fairly secular upbringing, I became a follower of Jesus when I was 21-years-old. I now consider my relationship with God the most important thing my life.
  3. For the last five years I’ve keep a “Scrapbook Diary” (I’ll post more about this some other time). I fill it with items I cut out of magazines and paste together to express my life/mood at that time. It’s actually a really cathartic thing to do and cool memory to have.
  4. I have a great sense of direction. I rarely get lost driving and have the “grid” of Southern California pretty much memorized.
  5. In college I lived in my giant 65-girl Sorority house for two years and sometimes I really miss those crazy days.
  6. I read “The Economist” weekly since my Husband has a subscription, but I’m always a week behind since he reads the most current week, and I get that one after he’s done.
  7. I get really motion-sick, especially in cars. I almost always volunteer to drive when my friends and I go someplace because of this.
  8. My parents are both Professors and sometimes I feel a little guilty for not perusing a degree beyond my BA (but I guess there’s still time right?)
  9. I’ve seen the movie “Jerry Maguire” at least 30 times. For some reason I became obsessed with it High School, still watch it from time to time, and can often find situations to quote it.
  10. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, but I have still not opened up the box it's in. I think I’m kind of scared to start using it my own.

The also received the "This Blog Measures Up" award from Shalay.




Thanks so much girls! You are such sweethearts!

12 comments:

The Fabulous Life of a Southern Belle said...

Good stuff! I am so glad that you made the decision to follow Christ! He is so good, and I'm glad you're blogging so you can share all the He is doing in your life! =)

Unknown said...

I love the Economist!

The France Family said...

I love the idea of a scrapbook diary!! I may try that!

Lucky in Love said...

So during the Super Bowl we were all looking around for Rod Tidwell because the Cardinals were playing...and then they showed Cuba in the stands! Hilarious!

P.S. You would be my favorite friend because I HATE to drive! Not sure why...just do :)

Jess said...

I love reading random things about people, lol.

We'd get along so well.... I HATE to drive.

I always think it's so awesome that people find Jesus "later" in life. I was raised to believe in Him, so I hear a lot of the "Well, you just believe that because you were raised to." lines. I know I make a conscious decision to believe in Him.... but, it's always great when someone who wasn't really raised that way makes the same choice.

Sarah said...

You really should open that sewing machine! I'm no expert with sewing, but my mom is an expert seamstress and has taught me enough that I can do simple stuff. I recommend starting off easy, I tried once to make gloves, I should have started with a quilted pillowcase. Its really fun though once you get rolling, and its nice to see that you can create something out of just a little fabric. =]

Tim said...

Hey Big Time Congratulations on all the awards! I found your blog from a friends blog and just became your first follower after you first 100! I know you will have many more to come.

Please feel free to stop by and visit us as well. We would love for you to follow along as well if you like. Have a great week!

Love and Prayers.

Tim said...

Oh yeah by the way, our main blog is the Fort Thompson one!

Sassy Engineer said...

Congrats for the award - I think this is a fun one! I hope you have a great day!

Lindsey said...

CONGRATS on the awards, you deserve them for sure!!
Loved your random list, fun learning more about you!!

Kelli said...

Congrats on the awards and for getting 100 followers! :) I hope you have a good week!

The Hnou Mrs. said...

I'm gonna have to hit you up for the mental map of SoCal-- the big move to SoCal is in 7 months when I get married! Eeep!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin