Monday, February 02, 2009

Our Wedding Day - Part Two: Cocktail Hour and Photography

Once the ceremony was over the guests went to cocktail hour.


And we went to take pictures!

When I booked our photog, I knew I didn't want "generic" shots. So I hired an awesome photog who does many styles including photojournalistic and industrial.

Here are a couple of our "industrial" shots. I think they look like something from a magazine...



And, because we're a super beachin' couple, we got some fun candids and posed shots on the beach too...



We also took pictures with the bridesmaids and groomsmen.



My Bridesmaids were my two best friends from Elementary School and two best friends from college. My matron of honor was my best friend from Kindergarten!

They all wore silk chiffon halter dresses by Maggie London from Nordstrom, in the color "Clear Pacific" (turquoise). I loved summery and feminine they were!


The Groomsmen were the Mr's three younger brothers and his best friend from college. His Best Man was his best friend from preschool!

They wore traditional black tuxes with turquoise vests under them.

20 comments:

all i need is love... said...

I love the all of the them! They ALL look like they are from a magazine!!

littlesack said...

your dress is fabulous!

Jess said...

Not married, yet, but I'm definitely going for the more photojournalistic style when I do. Of course, there'd be the few traditional photos. But, I think the PJ kind tend to show more of the emotion and vibe of weddings, you know?

I LOVE your pics. They are amazing.

The Fabulous Life of a Southern Belle said...

ooo you did a beach wedding! I want a beach wedding, give me details! You should do a post. :)

emily mccarthy { designer } said...

I LOVE your dress! you looked so gorgeous!

Kelley said...

You're pictures are gorgeous! It looks like you had such a perfect day!

Unknown said...

Love your dress!

Anonymous said...

I'm not down that path yet. But when my sister was planning her wedding she was considering having pictures done called "Trash the dress". A photographer with work with you after your wedding to get INCREDIBLE pictures of you in the water or in places that you wouldn't normally have your picture taken. The dresses are usually ruined, but the pictures are outstanding! (Big sis decided against it. She loved her dress too much)

Saskia said...

BEAUTIFUL photos, thank you for sharing!

I too loved our wedding ceremony - it was incredibly special and hands down the favourite part of our day, which surprised me.

New Girl on Post said...

Love the pictures! They are amazing!

Sarah said...

Just lovely! You've got some great pics here!!! : )

Liz said...

Your pictures are great. I did not want traditional 'posey' photography either. I hired an amazing photojournalist in my area. I really recommend for everyone to find someone that uses the technique of taking photos as they happen and doesn't set you up into poses.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

these are so gorgeous!!!

Sassy Engineer said...

I love your pictures! I wish we had gone more candid, less traditional, but ours are fairly traditional. Not bad, but maybe a little boring?

Lindsey said...

You guys are model gorgeous!!

Tara Gibson said...

beautiful pictures and i love how they are not posed.. thats how my photog was too! GORGEOUS!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Great photos! You guys are such a cute couple!

Sarah said...

These are beautiful pictures. I love photography and I know that when I get married I will for sure get professional pictures slightly off the beaten path. I'm just so afraid that I'll be picky with the photographers pictures...did you hire someone you knew or someone recommended to you?

In This Wonderful Life said...

beautiful pictures!!!!!!! :)

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Love these beach shots of you..., I included you and your blog on mine this morning.

(Love your blog and it's cool look!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin